How Can a QA Team Efficiently Support the UAT Process
User acceptance testing (UAT) is the most crucial phase in the software development lifecycle. It ensures the new system or process meets the user requirements. It is crucial to get the application through the user acceptance tests as it is the last quality gate validates product quality, accuracy, and compliance before its deployment into production.
A successful UAT is crucial for deploying systems with no errors and business risks. However, implementing UAT in an agile environment might lead to frequent and reduced cycles of testing. This mandates UAT testers to develop skills of optimized testing techniques, automation and work in collaboration with the development and QA teams.
Therefore, a user acceptance test is an important and final phase to test business processes executed in the application or software finally.
Objectives of UAT testing (User Acceptance Testing) :
– Verify system set-up for transactions and user access
– Confirm use of system in executing business processes
– Validate performance on business-critical functions
– Verify integrity of converted and additional data
– Evaluate and sign off go-live readiness