he use of web applications is steadily growing. With an increase in technological usage and the advent of new and advanced technologies and huge consumerism from a digital and technology standpoint, there is a huge demand for web applications. Web application testing is an effective testing platform that ensures the optimal performance and functionality of web applications. By incorporating automation testing in web app testing, the entire testing process can be further leveraged and optimized. In this article, you will get to know about the essential tools and frameworks for carrying out test automation for web applications
The following are the essential tools for carrying out test automation for web applications:
1. Rainforest QA: It is a no-code tool that can be effectively used for carrying out automated testing for agile and post-agile teams. Tests can be created with an intuitive visual editor with just a click or drag-and-select from the mouse. It is an AI-powered tool through which users can quickly develop and run tests. This tool can be directly integrated into the software’s deployment workflow.
4. TestRail: It is a robust web management tool through which developers can efficiently manage, track and organize test cases. Agile test plans can be easily created, testing processes can be streamlined and high-quality and high-performance software can be easily created.
5. Katalon Studio: It is also one of the popular tools for carrying out test automation for web applications. It is a low-code tool through which tests can be generated and executed by users on all devices, operating systems and devices.
The following are the test automation frameworks:
1. Data-driven framework: When an automation framework is being tested, there is a need to conduct a series of tests before a successful outcome can be attained. The test data needs to be changed in such cases so that a different conclusion can be arrived at. The test data is stored in an external drive and if a new script needs to be added to the test case then it can be easily accessed.
2. Keyword-driven framework: The test data is extracted from an external source and the set of codes are safely maintained. These codes are referred to as “keywords” and the test script can be altered to conclude further possible outcomes from the test framework. The functions performed by every application are essentially decided by these keywords.
3. Linear scripting framework: An individual carries out this process manually, wherein every step of the process is recorded. It is also known as Record and Playback framework and is quite time consuming when it comes to execution. The script can be simply recorded and there is no space left for script reuse.
4. Module based framework: The existence of various modules is required to run the framework. Separate scripts need to be created for every module and then collaborated so that the best results can be generated from the automation test.
Conclusion: If you are looking forward to implementing usability testing for your specific project, then do get connected with a leading software testing services company that will provide you with methodical testing solutions that are in line with your project specific requirements.